Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Difference Between Nominal and World-Changing: Courage

"Courage is the bridge that carries us from a nominal existence on earth to inexplicable longing for a heavenly future."

As I was reading this I was yet again convicted by this. Courage; it is so important in a Christian. It's taking hold of faith and the promise of God's strength then acting on it. I need to be continuously practicing this. I need to not allow my earthly fears to overcome my purpose. It's time to be victorious.


Tonight I realized how even though I have been spending more time with God ,and He has been faithful in revealing himself, something was missing. And I remembered back to sermon planning and how I had to google things in the bible, not recall certain chapters. I was disappointed in myself thinking back to it. I want to be able to know God well enough to remember his word. I haven't been bible focused. So along with my music fast I am going to start a habit. Every two weeks I will have a chapter in the bible I meditate on. Not only that, but I want to do like a mini report on it. That way I will be sure to remember. So if every two weeks you don't see a chapter summary on here, come and harass me about it!


The chapter I am going to focus on first is Joshua 1. The specific verses I want to meditate on are as follows:I love these scriptures! I am going to be constantly praying this into existence into my life. GOD has given me the land I walk on. He has delivered it to me. I already have victory!!! He will never let me down, so fear and discouragement is un-needed. God come be my rock and solid ground. I am ready to go into all the nations and claim them for you!

COURAGECOURAGECOURAGECOURAGECOURAGECOURAGECOURAGE

This song gets me pumped for courageous soul-harvesting. :)

"The spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become." -- Henry Martyn, missionary to India and Persia

No comments:

Post a Comment