Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hindering My Legacy

"God my heart longs for your joy." "Well, if your emotions would get out of the way you'd be set."

This was my conversation with Jesus today. Not going to lie, I've been struggling with hurt; strong and fresh emotional pain. I've been allowing it to have an un-noticed hold on me. God is revealing where my heart is hardening towards certain people in my life and where I've been sheltering unforgiveness. I need prayer for this. I need to truly forgive this person and even if a sword is stabbed into my already fresh wound, I need to learn to have continual forgiveness. This is an area I haven't struggled in until now. So, any feedback would be awesome.

Tonight my devotions were about living a legacy. The ministry hasn't changed much since biblical times. Christians had huge impacts on the lives of those around them. The question is am I going to join in like my predecessors? Or am I going to allow the devil to have a stronghold in my life. The answer to me is clear: Devil, your reign is up.
  
And the battle begins...


P.S. if you're wondering why I post random videos for many of my blogs, they are basically my theme-song for that post. As you can see I've been listening to a lot of Jesus Culture.


“God had only one Son and he made that Son a missionary.” -- David Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment