Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Love Is All You Need

So I was a little worried as I started this blog that the topic of God teaching me how to love was going to get a little redundant. Then I had another thought. Love is the basis of everything. It is the greatest commandment, why Jesus died for me and for you, the catalyst of all good, and the constant need of every living being on the planet. So to answer my own anxiety, yes it is redundant, but ever so relevant not only to my condition but to the human condition.

Spiritual maturity is the distance between what God wants you to do and how long it takes you to respond.

First off, God has been putting it on my heart to do a dating fast. I know what you must be thinking aren't you already on one? Well yes, I am. However that one was started out of compromise with my flesh and God. I had settled to do a fast, but not for as long as God had planned. His plan was through college. His plan is now my own. I'm just sad it took me so long to realize this compromise.

That being said God has been doing some awesome things because of this. God's promise to me was that he is going to teach me how to love like him. This couldn't be any better of a promise and I'm so excited that he is taking a little over four years to teach me. I also know this is in preparation for my future husband and best friend. I hope he will be satisfied with the results. 

Just in the past couple days I feel like he has been giving me little windows into the future, little promises of what is to come and what he wants for me. He has been telling me over and over that my husband is going to become my best friend. He is going to know the real me inside and out. No changes, no substitutions. That thought has given me so much hope and appreciation for God's wisdom. He knows the perfect man for me and I can't even describe how happy I am that through me looking for love in God, God is going to put together the perfect trinity. As if God whispering this wasn't enough for me to believe him I was watching a show where the spouses were going through hard times. They were fighting and everything seemed to be falling apart, but at the end of the day they were each other's best friend. Their unconditional love for each other was more than the problems of the day. Again he whispered: "That's you sweetheart. You are going to have your best friend." Overwhelming? Completely. 

And if that wasn't enough God wanted to make sure his intentions were loud and clear. Tonight he has filled me with his overflowing, all consuming sense of his presence and love. I cannot describe the vastness of it. It is feeling the atmosphere around me, my very being, even pandora. It is almost creepy how every song is about love or teaching someone about love. 
God I hear you, welcome you, and am ever so in love with you.

If God’s love is for anybody anywhere, it’s for everybody everywhere.
- Edward Lawlor, Nazarene General Superintenden






No comments:

Post a Comment