Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Little Faith Goes A Long Way

In life the anxiety of failing prohibits us from from trying what we love, living life, and making an impact. I learned a lesson today that I'm sure I will continue to learn over and over again: When you put it all out there, hold nothing back (despite your inadequacy), and let God do the rest there is peace. I always tell people to try new things and to meet God halfway; He will make up for your lack if you step out in faith despite your discomfort. Honestly, I knew it to be true, I just lied to myself into thinking I was the exception. But today God really came through for me. I had a CATS audition today. I wasn't the best, prettiest, or most talented there, but I was my best, confident, and best of all NOT NERVOUS. I had overwhelming anxiety the week leading up to it, but I decided to put it into God's hands. Once I did, I still had jitters, then I walked into the building. When I did this wave of calm and peace came over me from out of nowhere. I may not get chosen to be a part of the cast, but I tried! God has overcome and I couldn't be happier. So though this is short be encouraged that God can take the anxious reck and turn them into something meaningful. :)



"Christ wants not nibblers of the possible, but grabbers of the impossible." — C.T. Studd

No comments:

Post a Comment