Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trust Fall

I would say the hardest thing in my Christian walk and relationship is fear. Not just fear of something, but the fear of failing at something. I stop myself from doing God's will in my mind, I never act on what He wants. 

But fear can be so much more than an inhibitor. Fear is such a strong emotion, I don't think I would be exaggerating if I said the strongest emotional motivator underneath love. 

I feel God calling, begging me to use my great fear to become greatly dependent. Dependent on him. In our weakness He is able to build us up to be a testimony. How? When things are impossible for us, God reminds us that He can do the impossible. Fear opens up this opportunity. I mean look at Moses, he was a: sinner, murderer, and had a fear of public speaking. Despite all of these things God still used him. Now he is one of the largest influences in Christianity and Judaism.  

If I ever want to do great things for Him I need to step-up and stand-out. God help me realize I can't do this on my own and act on that realization. Help me trust that if I fail you will raise me up to greatness. 

Psalms 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?


"It is possible for the most obscure person in a church, with a heart right toward God, to exercise as much power for the evangelization of the world, as it is for those who stand in the most prominent positions." -- John R. Mott

No comments:

Post a Comment